Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to You!

My cousin Nancy and my sister's birthday were within the past 2 weeks and we will be celebrating as a big family (cousins, cousins ,cousins- there were 14 of us!)tonight in NJ.  I wanted to make cards for the birthday girls so I whipped up festive cards for the occasion.
Using Dyan  Reaveley's lime and turquoise sprays, I made a bright background. Using a petal background stamp and archival black ink so it wouldn't smear- I filled in random areas.

 Then using my new Tallulah girl stamp in Dyan's collection, I quickly stamped Tallulah
and colored her in with Tim Holtz's distress markers. Easy Peasy. I am getting used to "framing " my main design with Dyan's corner stamp. She explains in her video that like hanging an art picture in your home, your work ( be it an art journal page, tag  or card isn't complete until it is framed. I love her line stamps too in different designs that can be used with corners to create a "frame".
A few extra touches of bling were added and silver distress Stickles finished my card. The stamped sentiment was a stamp from a different line which I forgot to note. Sorry!
Can't wait to arrive at the party and give the birthday girls their cards!
Until next time.... Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you had left a comment on my blog post about my original stencils. Well, they're available in my Etsy shop in case you're interested. Here's a blog post with a link.
    Have a great day!
    Fondly, Tami
    http://thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com/2013/08/original-stencils-for-mixed-media-gelli.html

    ReplyDelete