Sunday, April 3, 2011

Grungy Monday on Sunday

April 3, 2011 True to form, I waited until the last day to submit my entry for the Grungy Monday Tag Challenge over at Linda Ledbedder's Studio l3 Compendenduim of Curiosities Weekly Challenge which I learned about through the Yahoo Group I joined last fall -All Things Tim. This week's art was to be created using the concept and techniques of Tim Holtz's Christmas Tag #10 from 2009. Starting with the Clock mask, tag was sprayed with a Perfect Pearl mixture I made myself with Crushed Olive distress ink and PearlEx Super Russet. Next tore strip of Vintage Map from Tim's Lost and Found Paper Pad and adhered ut by wiping Glossy Accents on back, then applying a thin layer to front. Made Car embellishment from Grungepaper by embossing with black powder then rubbing metallic teal (Tim, forgive me-didn't have green patina powder to make my own paint for this step)with my finger. Wiped extra metallic paint off embossed areas. Added a wee bit of Pumice Stone Distress Stickles in spots of car which would catch some light. Stamped with Tim's Visual Artistry College- The Journey- Tim's famous adage, "Enjoy the Journey" and the time table with parts of the Time is a Companion quote. Finally-Metal Flower pieces and gear part for accents. This was my first challenge tag easily created by following Tim's instructions posted on his blog. Enjoyed the process and learning the new techniques. Until next time.... Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment