Thursday, February 28, 2013

Resolving to be more attentive to my poor little blog and document more closely the art I swap, gift and tuck away in my art journal, today I am officially turning over a new leaf and making my first post in a very long time.

Yesterday I created a Valentine/Love themed tag to participate in Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013. Tim teaches and demonstrates how to make each monthly tag with wonderful photos for each step of the way. Didn't get a chance to make a January tag yet because I was involved in a few swaps for my online groups. But I did join in this month for February which had a love/Valentine theme. Since I did not have the Queen of Hearts stamp Tim used for his tag, I substituted my hot air balloon which is also part of Tim Holt's collection to make my husband a tag for our 34th Valentine's Day together. Yes it is a little late, but it is for him anyway. I chose the stamp and muted colors as he really isn't a bright red, splashy kind of a guy.

Tim's number stamp worked perfectly when I  put a heart around the 3 and 4 for the number of years we've been married. I stamped the quote "You make me the way you see me.xo" from Tim's collection and cut apart the words using you, me and xo to decorate the balloon. The only part of the tag that is not a designed by Tim is the small pink flower, but it IS vintage which in Tim's style so I guess it fits!Following Tim's example, I loved making the ribbon out of Tim's tape-genius! I will definitely use this idea again.

Tim's metal gears from his Ideaology line and splashes of copper Stickles-Ranger's glitter glue- added the finishing touches! Just in the nick of time too-I might add. Now to post my picture of this tag to enter it in Tim's monthly challenge which offers a fun prize! Look at his blog for more details. I just like to follow along and learn from Tim, one of my mentors.

1 comment: